Put it all on the alter
Sister Hart, my MTC companion
Hi friends
Provo MTC is treating me good!
So many good things this week, learning so many things and trying to remember it all ahhahh.
But I'm also not going to lie, it's been hard being with someone constantly and feeling like I have to entertain her and the silence is awkward but low-key I'm needing silence haha. 
But I'm also not going to lie, it's been hard being with someone constantly and feeling like I have to entertain her and the silence is awkward but low-key I'm needing silence haha. 
This week I have really been praying and trying to understand why I am here and why God put a mission into my head. 

Sunday, we had a "go and do" experience and this was amazing. I was able to study on my own for like an hour and a half and really prayerfully read the Book of Mormon... I went in with my question "Why am I here?" Not kidding EVERY scripture I read brought a different reason why I am here.
Jacob 4:5
5 Behold, they believed in Christ and worshiped the Father in his name, and also we worship the Father in his name. And for this intent we keep the law of Moses, it pointing our souls to him; and for this cause it is sanctified unto us for righteousness, even as it was accounted unto Abraham in the wilderness to be obedient unto the commands of God in offering up his son Isaac, which is a similitude of God and his Only Begotten Son.
Later on Tuesday we had Elder Bassett from the seventy come speak to us. At a devotional his talk was AMAZING exactly what I needed to hear, the thing that stuck with me the most he said;
"place it all on the altar, family, friends, work, school, and even your fears. Place it on the altar and let it be consumed."
BAM! 

Stop worrying why you are here and why you gave up everything you have. Stop being selfish and give it up to the Lord. Submit yourself to him! Everything is gonna work out because it's God's plan. Focus on how you can better help others around you. This is the one time in your life you have this opportunity. Don't take it for granted.
Guys, I have a STRONG testimony that God hears our prayers AND KNOWS our thoughts, needs, and hearts! He will answer your prayers. Trust in him! I have so much love for this gospel!
D&C 49:26 "...Ask and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."
So much love,
Sister Wright
District 29-D
Sister Goldman
Sister Francis is a icon and slays all the time
President and Sister Markus!
Comments
Post a Comment